Get to Know Our Fisheries
Variety is the name of the game when it comes to the fish harvested by MTC member vessels. These sustainable fisheries are all managed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) through a public stakeholder-driven process that includes both the North Pacific and Pacific Fishery Management Councils.
Click on the link for detailed information on sustainability, habitat, nutritional information, recipes, and more for each of the listed species. (Information provided by NOAA’s FishWatch.)
Learn more about our fisheries at these informative sites, too:
- Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
- Fishermen’s Marketing Association
- Genuine Alaska Pollock Producers
- Newport Fishermen’s Wives
- NOAA Fisheries
- North Pacific Fishery Management Council
- Oregon Trawl Commission
- Pacific Fishery Management Council
- Pacific Seafood Processors Association
- Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission
- Positively Groundfish
- Seafood Harvesters of America
- United Catcher Boats
- West Coast Seafood Processors Association
Understanding fisheries management and the laws and regulations surrounding the industry is also important. A good overview is found at this site from the Seafood Harvesters of America.
We think you will find these sites interesting, too!